What is a Print Ready File?
Print-Ready is a term we use which means the submitted print file meets certain criteria for print; before you send your document to your printer, make sure your file meets the following criteria:
Toggle here to know what we mean by a print ready file?
- Convert all RGB images into CMYK colour.
- File is in proper format (ai, eps, High-Resolution jpg, pdf, psd, tif).
- Make sure all fonts are converted to outlines and file are flattened and rasterized.
- Check if final image has enough resolution (300 dpi minimum at 100% size including bleeds).
- Contains only high-resolution image data
- Has links to placed graphics and images
- Includes all fonts
- Check if all text pages have enough bleed at least 1/8″ larger than the trim size.
- Text and images not intended to be cut must be within the safe area, this is 1/8″ inwards from the trim size.
- Included are trim/crop marks, centre marks, and page info.
- Includes paper size with indications for bleeds and page marking
- Does not require any additional modifications or tweaks before being sent to the printer